Do you have corrections or additions for this page? All are welcomed! Comment below or email [email protected] – Thank you!!
Died 27 December, 1724
Name of spouse unknown.
1. Samuel Hallett (b.1678) b. 1678 d.1756; m. Bridget Blackwell
2. Hannah Hallett b. _____; d. ______ ; m. John Washburn 1704
3. Elizabeth Hallett b. _____ ; d._____ ; m. Col. John Jackson
4. Grace Hallett b. ______ ; d. _______; m. Lewis Hewlett
5. Mercy Hallett b. ______ ; d. _______; m. _____ Cornell
6. Martha Hallett b. ______ ; d. _______ ; m James Hazard, Esq.
Primary Source Documents:
Jones Family Genealogy p.274-7 in Queens Public Library Archives Room; Van Wyck Family Genealogy in Queens Public Library Archives Room; NY Historical Society Coll 1902:40; Shotwell Annals p.264
Last Will and Testament of Samuel Hallett, Sr. (b.1650)
In the name of God, Amen. I, SAMUEL HALLETT, of Newtown, in Queens
County, being sickly and weak. I leave to my daughters, Elizabeth
Jackson, Grace Hewlett, Mercy Cornell, and Martha Hazzard, 2 horses, 2
cows, six yearlings, and 210 pounds which is due to me by the bond of
John French, of NY, and 24 pounds due me from said John French and his
son-in-law, Edward Earle, and also the produce of a certain horse now in
the hands of Edmond Haynes, and all my household goods except a cedar
chest and 4 pounds in the hands of my son, Samuel Hallett. All to be
divided equally between them. I leave to my son Samuel, all the rest of
my estate, real and personal, and he is to pay all debts. And he is to
pay 6 pounds to my granddaughters, Mary Cornell, Hannah Washburn, and
Sarah Hazzard. I make my son Samuel, and my son-in-law, James Hazzard,
Dated October 7, 1716.
Proved, May 16, 1727